Each assignment needs to be 200 words (half a page) and must be handed in by the last in-class date.
In order to help save fuel, minimize driving stress, and maximize your enjoyment of the drive, advanced preparation can really pay off.
This assignment puts you in the captain’s chair, responsible for every detail of the journey.
By choosing a destination outside of Ontario, you will provide details in point form for each of the following:
- Departure details
- Destination details
- Total round trip kilometres
- Preparing your vehicle
- Preparing the driver
- Route directions and street names
- Rest Stops
- Emergency plan
- Estimated time of departure
- Estimated time of arrival
Driver Attitudes & Behavior
Accurate assessment of driving environments, road conditions and appropriate adjustment of driving behavior is essential to safe driving. Control over emotions and other personal factors can play a bigger role than you think.
Values, beliefs and other motives can easily influence our attitudes towards driving.
This assignment will deal with the impact of driver behavior on our safety, as well as the safety of other road users.
By choosing one of the following topics, you will write a one-page report (200-300 words) that will help foster the understanding and practice of safe and responsible driving behavior.
- Types and sources of road rage
- What personal factors influence driving attitudes and behavior
- Influence of other people’s driving habits
- Peer pressure and driving
- Influence of vehicle advertising
- How positive driving attitudes result in safe and responsible driving behavior
- Driving is a privilege not a right
- Effective strategies for resisting negative pressures
Many factors lead to climate change. The emphases on automobile use and the burning of fossil fuels have targeted every day drivers as a major contributor to this problem.
This assignment will help you to understand the individuals role in reducing the impact automobiles have on global warning.
You will research a media source and bring to class a copy of your findings as it pertains to the automobile and the environment.
You will also come up with at least two driver-controlled solutions to this problem.